Transcript Requests

Select a Transcript Request Option

This option is for students/alumni of Andrews University.

This is also the option for those taking Professional Development courses through the School of Education Office of Distance Learning.

  • Please be sure you have received your verification that your grade has posted from AU.
  • Questions? Call 269-471-3482 or email
This option is for students/alumni of Griggs University.
  • Check status at (269) 471-3443
  • Fax, email or mail in your request
INCOMING STUDENTS: If you have questions regarding your incoming transcripts from other institutions to Andrews University, please contact Enrollment Management at 269-471-6049 or email

Help Topics:

General Information

Parental Questions: We do not inform parents on the status of transcript requests placed by their students, or any other private educational information as defined by FERPA, unless the student has provided written documentation in the form of the FERPA permission document giving permission of release of information to their parents.

Transferring Credits: Please note that the decision to accept an institution’s academic credits is at the sole discretion of the receiving institution.  While Andrews University is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and expects that its credits will be recognized by other colleges and universities, it cannot compel another institution to accept transfer credits.

Please note:

  • We are unable to make changes to a transcript request once it has been submitted.
  • Students cannot initiate name changes through Transcript Services but must make that request through the Office of Academic Records at

Return to Top

AU Processing Options

The Office of Academic Records provides the service of transcripts to Andrews University alumni, as well as current and former students. We do not process any transcript requests by phone. 

E-mailing Option: Andrews University transcripts requested through National Student Clearinghouse

Mailing Options and Charges:

  • Regular Mail within the US: Free (time varies by location)
  • Express Mailing within the US: Fee $31.00 (Guaranteed 1-2 business days)
  • UPS International Express Mailing: Fee $46.00. UPS does not accept P.O. Boxes for delivery but requires a street address.

Pick-up Option: Request for transcripts to be held in Academic Records for pick up. Authorize another individual by name to pick up the transcript when making the request.

Return to Top

Ways to Submit Requests for: Griggs University

The Transcript Request Form is available in PDF format. Click here if you do not already have the Free Adobe PDF Reader. Follow installation instructions.
After filling out the request form, you may sign it digitally (see below). You may also sign, scan and send via email to Or, you may sign and fax to 269-471-6001.

Creating a New Digital Signature

  1. Click the Signature field
  2. Select “Configure Digital ID”
  3. Select the appropriate option
  4. For the new ID option, Click "Create a new Digital ID    Click Continue>
  5. Click "Save to File"    Click Continue>
  6. Fill out Name (first & last required) and Email (required)     Click Continue>
  7. Browse to where you wish the Digital ID to be saved
  8. Enter password and confirm    Click Save>
  9. To sign the document, select the appropriate Digital ID
  10. Enter password
  11. Click Sign>
  12. Save your signed request

Requests in Person
To submit a request for a Griggs University transcript in person, please feel free to visit the front counter of Academic Records.  Students have the option of requesting a transcript for pick-up. Identification must be presented at the time of pick-up.  If you have authorized a third party to pick up your transcript, this name must be indicated on the form.

Requests by Fax
Fax a completed form to 269-471-6001.  Griggs students may submit a request to receive unofficial transcripts by fax. 

Requests by Mail
To submit a request by mail, please print out the Transcript Request form and mail the completed form to the following address:

Andrews University
Office of Academic Records
4150 Administration Drive
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0800

Requests by Email
To submit a request by email, you must email a completed, signed and scanned Transcript Request form to

Delivery Options:
Griggs University transcripts can only be mailed or held for pick up in Academic Records.

Return to Top

Problems with Processing

Incorrect Addresses
If the mailed transcript delivery address is incorrect and the transcript is undeliverable and returned to Academic Records, you will receive notification that your request address was incorrect.  You must then submit another transcript request with a corrected address.

Multiple Addresses
Separate requests
must be submitted for each address that should receive a transcript

Verification of Transcript Arrival
Academic Records does not verify if mailed transcripts have been received by the intended recipient.  It is the responsibility of the student to confirm with the intended recipient of the transcript that it has been received.

Financial Clearance Required
Academic Records will provide official transcripts to students only if they are financially cleared. If not financially cleared, a transcript may be ordered if the transcript is for employment purposes. E-mail or call 269-471-3443 for general questions regarding transcript holds.

Elements of Transcript
Official transcripts list your Andrews ID, birthdate and your name for identification purposes. These elements cannot be removed.

High School Transcripts
High school transcripts are processed by Admissions. Please consult Admissions if you have questions regarding your high school transcripts.

Return to Top